The TWILCD is an easy to use 16x2 LCD display that is controlled using the TWI
(I2C compatible) protocol.
It is super-easy to control with any microcontroller that supports the
TWI protocol. Libraries for Arduino and avr-gcc are available on
The library is compatible with the Arduino LiquidCrystal library,
so any sketch you have that uses a standard 16x2 LCD display
(with 10 wires connected) can be converted to use the TWILCD with
only 4 wires with only one single line of code change.
Only four wires are required for operation, one for power (runs on both
3.3V and 5V), one for ground, and two for the TWI protocol.
- Available with two different displays, or as a board only to use with almost any dot matrix LCD display.
- Contrast can be set in software - no potentiometer required
- Backlight brightness can be controlled in software.
- Arduino library fully compatible with the LiquidCrystal library available at GitHub)
- Open Source Firmware (available at GitHub)
- Programmable TWI Bus Address
- On-board ISP header for upgrading firmware