Diet Nixie is a fun to build stylish clock kit that
uses old-fashioned neon Nixie tubes.
Nixie tubes were once the dominant type of display in early
electronics devices such as multimeters, calculators and military
equipment. A nixie tube contains a single anode in the form of a
wire mesh and usually ten anodes, generally in the shapes of
the numbers 0-9. Nixies with other symbols are also common. By
applying around 170-180 volts between a cathode and the anode,
the cathode will light up in its characteristic yellow neon glow.
The Diet Nixie clock kit comes with a single PCB board and a
matching Acrylic case. The four IN-2 nixie tubes are mounted using
high-quality socket pins so that the tubes can be easily exchanged
The clock is controlled and set using an innovative method
involving a single push-button rotary controller.
- Comes as a kit complete with acrylic case
- 4 IN-2 Nixie tubes and one orange flat top LED separator dot
- Blue LED Backlight for the Nixie tubes
- DS1307 Real Time Clock for accurate timekeeping
- Controlled using a push-button rotary controller
- Dedicated on-off button for alarm
- ATMega328P microcontroller with Arduino bootloader
- Open-source Arduino-based firmware, easy for anyone to understand and modify